Our Small Item gripping aid has been available for a while but, at every exhibition we have been to, you have been asking for a mini version for children! So we have designed one…
The beauty of the Small Item aids is that the palm pad can be positioned at any angle. This means you can have your pen or toothbrush at the best angle for you. It is a huge improvement on straps or a splint, that allow you to only hold an item in only one direction. And definitely better than bandaging items to a hand! Get the exact position you want and then remove and reposition the palm pad by sliding a finger through the rings and pulling.
The Mini Small Item aid allows your child to hold small diameter items with reduced hand function. Insert the item into the palm pad and fasten the velcro straps to keep it in place. Pop the neoprene sleeve over the hand, putting the thumb into the hole. The palm pad can then be placed at any angle that works for your child.
- for personal care – brushing teeth, holding cutlery
- for arts and crafts – paint on paper, an easel or the walls at just the right angle
- in school – hold pens and pencils for mark-making, drawing and writing
- for music – play the drums or other percussion instruments
- for self-feeding – pop a fork or spoon in the palm pad and place so your child can scoop or spear food
The Small Item aid is also available in adult sizes.
If your child only needs a small amount of additional support to hold items, then the EazyHold Straps might be a better solution.