We at Active Hands are conscious of our social responsibilities with regards to helping the environment through our working practices. Our objective is not only to sustain our environment for the future but also to rehabilitate the damage previously done. We believe that our corporate responsibility goes beyond our proprietary borders and therefore every effort will be made to conserve resources throughout our operations.
Active Hands will try to not only meet existing environmental laws and regulations, but will endeavour to go beyond the status quo and see techniques and approaches that position us ahead of other companies.
The following are our specific ideals:
Awareness and Commitment
Our policy towards the environment will be readily available to our customers and trade partners. We will endeavour to ensure staff and customers are familiar with and implement our environmental commitment and objectives.
- Active Hands environmental policy will be available to view on our website.
- Active Hands environmental policy will be available to view in our premises.
- Active Hands environmental policy will be electronically distributed to our staff and trade customers.
Active Hands will endeavour to reduce the impact on the environment wherever possible with respect to transport.
- Active Hands will source raw materials and products from within the UK or Europe wherever possible to reduce the amount of goods being shipped to us.
- Active Hands will avoid unnecessary business travel by having more meetings online. Where business travel must happen, car-sharing and efficient route-planning will be implemented.
- Active Hands will encourage the use of public transport, cycling, walking or car-sharing amongst staff when travelling to and from the office.
- Active Hands will encourage a flexible working style to reduce travel to and from the office. Employees may choose to work from home.
Energy & Water Consumption
Active Hands accepts a share of the UK’s commitment to a reduction in carbon dioxide emissions both by attaining greater efficiency in total energy consumption and by continuing to examine the possibility of acquiring electricity from ‘green’ sources when finances permit, either through the purchase of ‘green’ electricity, or through an increased use of solar water heating, combined heat and power plants (CHP), or photo-voltaic.
- Active Hands will make every effort to use water efficiently.
- Active Hands will use energy efficient hardware and appliances wherever practical, and monitor usage to achieve minimum energy consumption.
Waste Generation and Management
Active Hands will try to minimize the production of waste and pollution; including unnecessary packaging. Active Hands will implement measures to reduce the volume of waste generated and to increase the proportion of that waste which is recycled.
- Active Hands has implemented recycling facilities for paper, cardboard, plastic, and cans/tins. These facilities are also made available to Active Hands’ tenants.
- Active Hands has designated storage space for incoming packaging, which they reuse when sending goods out to customers. Active Hands actively avoid disposing of packaging materials.
Materials and Resources
Active Hands will try to minimize environmental impact with regards to sourcing materials and resources.
- Where practicality allows, Active Hands will avoid using materials which have an undesirable effect on the environment, and wherever possible will use UK-made or recycled goods. Active Hands will re-evaluate alternative materials every 12 months.
- Active Hands will try to use suppliers who also share a commitment to the environment, and source raw materials with the environment in mind.
- Active Hands will maximize use of electronic communication and information storage as an alternative to paper by investing in tech support and website development.
Thank you for helping us to help the environment.